Honoring Commercial Real Estate Legends
About the Award for Excellence
The NAIOP Chicago Board confers a special Award for Excellence honoring an individual in commercial real estate who has shown exemplary success and professionalism in the industry. This award is not necessarily presented yearly. The following criteria is used to evaluate candidates.
- Individuals ONLY in Commercial Real Estate Industry
- Service to the Community: The candidate shall serve the community by being active, as a volunteer, creating business opportunities for younger professionals, speaking out on issues impacting the community.
- Professionalism and Integrity: The candidate will exhibit the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Leadership: Within NAIOP and/or in the public arena contributing one’s time and talent for the good of the industry or community.
- Service to NAIOP national or Local Chapter: Serving on committees, board of directors, involved in chapter affairs, meeting attendance.
- Longevity/Success in the Industry
The individual Award for Excellence is presented during the annual Awards for Excellence event.
NAIOP Chicago Award for Excellence Honorees
2018 | Ron Frain, Principal, Industrial Division, Sterling Bay
2014 | Jack McKinney, President and Founder, J.F. McKinney + Associates
2012 | Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
2011 | Robert A. Wislow, Chairman & CEO, U.S. Equities Realty
2010 | J. Leonard Caldeira, Managing Director, Industrial and Land Services, Jones Lang LaSalle
2009 | James L. Dieter, Executive Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis, Inc.
2005 | John S. Gates, Jr., Co-Chairman of the Board, CenterPoint Properties Trust
2004 | William A. Alter, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Alter Group
2003 | Allan J. Hamilton, Senior Partner, Hamilton Partners
2002 | James A. McShane, Chief Executive Officer, The McShane Companies
2001 | Joe Ravenhorst, Chief Executive Officer, Opus North Corporation
2000 | Michael M. Mullen, Chief Executive Officer, CenterPoint Properties Trust